shared apartments, the tenants have a joint responsibility to take care of
cleaning the stove and ovens. The oven and its trays must be cleaned regularly
to avoid fat and dirt burning onto them. Use cleaning supplies and liquids
specifically meant for ovens and stoves according to their manuals.
cleaning, pull the stove out of the wall, and vacuum and wash the back at least
twice a year, and always upon moving out.
the filter of the cooker hood
hoods in DAS apartments are programmed together and the tenants cannot mainly
adjust them by themselves. The ventilation is enhanced during cooking hours
11-12 and 15-17.
hood filter is located straight above the stove in the hood. It comes off when
you press it towards the wall while pulling it downwards. Cleaning the filter
regularly is the responsibility of the tenant.
cleaning, you’ll need:
alkaline or alkaline cleaning liquid
sponge or a brush that does not scratch
1. Wear protective gloves and pull the
stove out of the wall.
2. Mix the cleaning solution in both
sinks according to the manual on the cleaning liquid
3. If there is a metallic filter in
underneath the cooker hood, detach it by gently pushing it towards the wall
4. Detach the exhaust air valve by
turning the frame counter-clockwise
5. Let the valve and the filter soak in
6. Damp a cloth in another sink and
wipe the filter hood both outside and inside. If it’s very dirty, use a sponge
or a brush to clean it.
7. Wipe the walls and the nearby top
cupboards from underneath
8. Wash the filter and the valve with a
brush. It’s good to let the filter soak for a few hours beforehand.
9. Drain the cleaning solution, rinse
the filter and valve.
10. Dry the exhaust air valve and let
the filter dry completely before installing it back to its place.
11. Put the valve back on by turning the
frame clockwise. Make sure to check that the ventilation regulator in the
middle is in the same position as before. Depending on the position, the valve
can lead to draft, decreased ventilation in other apartments, or prevent
ventilation in your apartment.
12. Put the filter back on its place, by
putting the back on its place first. Then push it towards the wall and lift the
front back up. Clean the stove and hobs if necessary. Wipe the floor behind the
stove and push it back against the wall.
13. Clean the cleaning supplies.